JIRA Webhooks with self-signed SSL Certificate?

Victor Hooi September 30, 2014

I'm trying to use the JIRA webhooks functionality to post to a remote HTTPS server.

The remote HTTPS server is running Nginx with a self-signed SSL certificate.

I just wanted to check - will this cause any issues with JIRA webhooks attempting to POST to that endpoint?

If so, is there an issue to configure either JIRA or this specific webhook from not having to verify that SSL certificate?

Or is there another way of using a self-signed SSL cert for a webhook endpoint? (e.g. adding it to some kind of keystore on the JIRA side). If so, is this procedure listed in the docs somewhere?

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2014

Hi Victor, the only thing that cross my mind at the moment is that the POST may not be delivered in case JIRA doesn't have the certificate of the other application imported into the cacerts file.

In this case, basically if you see the message PKIX in your JIRA logs, follow the steps of this KB to import the certificate and restart the application.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer