JIRA Watcher Field - Adding watcher with access to specific project

Frank Vidal August 19, 2014

Is there a way to have the list of selectable watchers only display those users with access to a specific project?

The issue I am encountering is that when a user with access to project A begins to create an issue and clicks on the people icon to see the list of available watchers, users with access to Project B, C, & D are displaying as well.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 19, 2014

Hi Frank, no, there isn't any way to restrict users at the moment. This means you can potentially add users who anyway cannot access the issue. Even if you do that, these users will not receive notifications because we check permissions.

Nevertheless I created an issue for you to watch progress on the topic.

0 votes
Frank Vidal August 25, 2014

This issue has been reported to JIRA support. Also discovered that the entire user list is diplayed when using the issue navigator. Assignees and reporters.

0 votes
Frank Vidal August 19, 2014

Thanks Tibor. I'm sure this is a request many users have made. The link to the issue does not seem to be working. Can you resend? Thank you.

Suggest an answer