JIRA Velocity Report Commitment and completed showing Zero

SHANAVASH MOHAMED October 28, 2019

Hi Team,

I am JIRA Administration in one of the Organisation, But one of the project particular sprint i am facing velocity report commitment and completed result is "Zero", How can i fix the issue, Please suggest 

Thanks and Regards

SHANAVASH

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

Hello @SHANAVASH MOHAMED

Sorry to hear you are facing this problem.

There are some possible reasons that could be causing your estimate to display no values in the report. In order to better troubleshoot the issue, please provide us with the following information:

1 - Are you using Story points or Time tracking fields to track your estimation? Is the Estimation of the board under Board settings > Estimation configured with the estimation you are using?

2 - Check if you have completed your estimated issues during the Sprint displayed in the report

Let me know if this information helps.

SHANAVASH MOHAMED November 5, 2019

@Petter Gonçalves Thanks for your support,

I have already enabled the Estimation configuration.

Estimation Statistics -> Story Points

TimeTracking -> Remaining Estimation and Time Spend,

But still i ma facing the same issue. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2019

Hello @SHANAVASH MOHAMED

Thank you for your answer.

Since you are using Story points to estimate your issues, The following scenarios might be causing the issue:

1 - You select the wrong Story point field to estimate your issues. Let me explain it better: 

Currently, you have both Story Points and Story Point Estimate fields in JIRA. The first one is used for classic (the one you are using), the other one for Next-gen projects.

There's a bug in JIRA that makes the field Story Points displays as Story Point Estimate in the New issue view although it's still displayed as Story Points when you go to Project settings > Screens, which causes even more confusion.

Since you are using a classic project, navigate to your project > Project settings > Screens > Make sure you have Story Points field. If you have Story Point Estimate, remove it from your screen.

2 - Check if the stories of the Sprints were added with the story points before its completion and check if the same thing is happening for the next sprints.

Let me know if this information makes sense.

Suggest an answer