JIRA User that has exactly the same permission as another user on the project cannot see the backlog

Karen Wille July 26, 2021

JIRA User that has exactly the same permission as another user on the project cannot see the backlog or the Active sprint. They can only see a long list of all issues.

I have added them with same permissions to JIRA.

I have added them with same permission as the other on Project.

I have checked everything and I cannot work out why 2 users with the same permission added to the project have a different view to the other users from the same client with the same permissions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

We’re they able to see prior or is this a new user? I assume this is a CMP project? Have you inspected the share details for the underlying board filter and the board share as well?

Mohammed Faisaluddin July 26, 2021

Hi Karen ,

What Jack said maybe one of the issue but ,

This happened to me as well don't know whether it is the same for you as well . For me the problem was . We have JS and JSD both in the same instance . A user had JSD license and he was working on a JSD project ,suddenly the user asked to give access to one of the JS project to which i gave the browse permission . But for some reason he was not able to see the sprint backlog and board part . 

The reason for my problem was that i didn't assign him JS license and without which he cannot access the JS features . Like sprint ,backlog . Maybe this may be one of the issue . try seeing that the user has JS License and see whether he can see the backlog and board part AFTER ASSIGNING THE LICENSE ,If it was not assigned prior .

Karen Wille July 26, 2021

Thanks both We have JSD and JS. Jack I am not 100% sure what a CMP project is. They are both new users.

These users don't have access to JSD I checked as I can change their license type to be able to use JSD and JS if I need.

I think it must be something to do wth the board as Jack suggests. When I log in as one of the users and go to the board location not found. The person that set the project up has left and to date the other person managing the project has just added users to the project and they have been fine but I'll investigate board settings.

I will do some research on board filters and share.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

It would be interesting to see what would happen if you were to create a new board that mirrors the current one.

Karen Wille November 2, 2021

to close the loop on this we worked out it was due to an unusual set up our end with multiple boards for the same company!. Thanks everyone for taking time to try and help

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events