JIRA Upgrade from 6.4.5 to latest version of JIRA 7.5.x

vivpandey January 9, 2018

Hi, 

We have a JIRA instance with version 6.4.5 (in house Server) with JIRA Agile 6.7.16. Now the ask is to have JIRA upgrade to the latest version (i.e. JIRA 7.5.x). 

Can someone please let me know there is an additional cost involved in this upgrade? If the price varies based upon number of users, can you please share me the price matrix as well, so that we determine and take the decision accordingly. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2018

Your licence entitles you to use any version of Jira released before the end of the licence, so there's no additional upgrade costs if you have a current licence.

For Jira Software (which is what you need to go to as you have the Agile add-on which goes away in version 7), see https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing?tab=self-hosted

Please ensure you upgrade to 7.0 before going on to 7.5+, or you may have issues with upgrading the data.

vivpandey January 9, 2018

Thanks for response. 

We are using JIRA Software with Agile plug in (version as mentioned earlier).  Please help me understand if there are additional upgrade licensing cost to JIRA 7.x.

The link shared talks about JIRA 7 licensing but doesnt have details for upgrade. 

Thanks.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2018

Please, read the first paragraph of my answer.

Suggest an answer