JIRA Upgrade - ERROR

mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

Hi,

Could any one help to resolve this error.I get this when I deploy the jira war and start the tomcat.

Thank you.

2013-07-02 07:54:16,343 Timer-0 ERROR

[internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] Unable to create application context fo
r [com.atlassian.activeobjects.activeobjects-plugin], unsatisfied dependencies: Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.sal.api.pluginsettings.PluginSettin
gsFactory)] (from bean [&pluginSettingsFactory])
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.activeobjects.activeobjects-plugin' has timed
out
at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationCont
extExecutor.java:454)
at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.access$000(DependencyWaiterApplicationC
ontextExecutor.java:50)
at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor$WatchDogTask.run(DependencyWaiterApplic
ationContextExecutor.java:105)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
2013-07-02 07:54:16,346 Timer-0 ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Never resolved service '&pluginSettingsFactory' for plugin 'com.atlassian.activeo
bjects.activeobjects-plugin' with filter (objectClass=com.atlassian.sal.api.pluginsettings.PluginSettingsFactory)
2013-07-02 07:54:16,347 Timer-0 ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Unable to start the Spring context for plugin com.atlassian.activeobjects.activeo
bjects-plugin
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.activeobjects.activeobjects-plugin' has timed
out
at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationCont
at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.access$000(DependencyWaiterApplicationC
ontextExecutor.java:50)
at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor$WatchDogTask.run(DependencyWaiterApplic
ationContextExecutor.java:105)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
2013-07-02 07:54:16,347 Timer-0 ERROR [extender.internal.activator.ContextLoaderListener] Application context refresh failed (NonValidatingOsgiBundleXml
ApplicationContext(bundle=com.atlassian.activeobjects.activeobjects-plugin, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml))
out
@

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013
0 votes
mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2013

Never Mind. I did database refresh once again and Ran JIRA upgrade once again..Issue got resolved

Thanks a lot for timely answers Jobin.

0 votes
mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

While doing inplace upgrade the export is done (automatically by JIRA itself) to take the data from the older version to newer JIRA version.Lets take I ran JIRA for the first time and export would have happened .Just in case If I move the jira folders to another unix server and bring up the tomcat again.. now export didnt happen.Should I assume it didnt happen bcoz it is already done and I should I leave it or something went wrong?

0 votes
mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2013

Thanks Jobin.

The issue was duw to resource contention only.

I brought up the JIRA5 inplace upgrade in one server .Export was done completely .

Due to some reasons, I moved all the files to another unix server and set the export flag=flase(by mistake assumed export is not required since it was done already) in jira-config.properties and brought up the tomcat.

Later realized that export was NOT done on the second server.So removed the export flag and brought up the tomcat so that export has happen once more in the second server.I dont see the export happens.Could you please clarify the below queries

1. if the export needs to be done in the new unix server again or on first time itslef database would have got updated and thats why export is getting skipped?

2.export is specific to database or Unix server?

In jirahome/plugins folder I see only installed-plugins folder.Am I missing something?

-bash-3.2$ cd jirahome/plugins/
-bash-3.2$ ls -ltr
total 3
drwxr-xr-x 2 cmadmin cmgroup 5 Jul 8 02:05 installed-plugins

Kndly let me know if I have done anything wrong.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2013

1. Do you mean automated backups?

2. Nope

3. Total 3, 2 are hidden. Do ls -al

Suggest an answer