JIRA Unable to create issue with message after integrating with Crowd

Sam Kenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

After integrating Jira (5.0) and Crowd (2.5.3) I am unable to create issues in JIRA from incoming emails. Even by users who exist as users in JIRA and have create permissions.

I've double checked the email settings themselves but I must be missing something somewhere.

SSO is turned on and there are no issues with SSO/logging in. It is just the email flow.

I looked at the logs but could not find any information being logged associated with email flow.

Any ideas or pointers?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Kenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

Thanks for your help Renjith. Enabling logging showed me that I can had to fix up the permissions in Crowd by adding new groups that had previously been internal to JIRA.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2013

Enable email logging in Logging And Profile (administration) and check the errors that is being reported.

Are the emails getting deleted from the mailbox by JIRA service?

Suggest an answer