JIRA URL redirection

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

Is there a way to redirect the JIRA link within JIRA?

We use a DNS name that sends a client to JIRA. Is it possble to redirect from JIRA? I thought it was possible in Admin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JoãoS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

Hey KP11,

You can redirect with your own Apache following this documentation:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Using+Apache+with+mod_proxy

If you have any questions, I'll be here!

Cheers!
(done it myself, not that difficult)

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013

Not possible in JIRA. You might want to do the redirection via Apache or something.

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013

If your idea is to use a different URL for few customers, it is not a good idea. JIRA can have a only one base URL at a time and it will appear in email notifications etc.

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013

Yes we wanted to redirect customers and possibly another JIRA.

Is there instructions for the APACHE change?

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013
KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013

Thanks for the answers. One more question. Under look and feel i saw an option for URL under logo. Can we send clients to a specific URL when they click on the logo? It seems inserting the url there has no effec. I figure its only for logon upload and not url direct.

http://jira.atlassian.com/secure/admin/LookAndFeel!default.jspa

Suggest an answer