JIRA UI not working properly

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2015

Team:

One of the JIRA users is having a problem with JIRA, in terms of the UI section. Once he logs in, he sees the JIRA dashboard.

However, once he click the project list or the create issue or search, he didn't get the dropdown or he can't perform any other activities. And he is the only person that reported that issue.

• Is that a browser issue?
  • Or user account issue? – Note that his permission is the same for every user in the company

Thanks for your prompt answers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2015

It's more likely to be a browser or even network issue.  I can replicate it by logging into a Jira, then temporarily disconnecting the network, or clearing my browser cache - the main JIRA display stays there, but clicking on the menu gives me nothing.  (I'm not saying these are the only causes, just that I've seen it do that in these circumstances, so it might be one of them)

Obvious easy test - can he try another browser?  And the next time it happens in his current browser, could you try asking him to immediately open JIRA in the same browser in a new tab and see what that does?

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2015

Yes, according to Atlassian, it is a network problem. Thanks

Suggest an answer