JIRA Trackback Links not Showing

Chris Lalande May 2, 2012

We are currently running JIRA 4.4.5 and Confluence Wiki 4.1.4.

We had previously had trusted communication established between the two, so any references to JIRA tasks in the wiki pages would show up as a "trackback" on the JIRA task.

When we upgraded Confluence and JIRA, apparantly the "trusted link" between them gets disabled. We have since re-enabled it and confirmed that "Accept Incoming Trackback Pings" and "Send Outgoing Trackback Pings" are set to on.

I am still not seeing the trackbacks appear on my tasks, either for newly created links or for existing links that were never indexed.

Does this change require a re-indexing be run to have the changes appear? I would understand if this was necessary to pick up old links, but I would have expected new links added to Confluence since this trusted link was turned back on to be picked up?

1 answer

0 votes
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2012

First of all, there is no need to set up a Trusted Application links between JIRA and Confluence to enable trackbacks. All you need is to make sure the "Accept Incoming Trackback Pings" and "Send Outgoing Trackback Pings" are turned on.

As to why the trackbacks no longer appears in JIRA, I'd check if the Confluence page is anonysmously accessible. JIRA will not be able to process the trackback if the Confluence page is hidden from public.

Chris Lalande May 6, 2012

There are no restrictions on the viewing of any of those pages, nor have the restrictions or security changed since it was working in December. Or more accurately I should say it is restricted to authentication confluence users, but there are no restrictions beyond that.

I also saw this post: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/9403/insert-jira-issue-in-confluence-doesnt-generate-a-trackback - does this imply this is not currently in place with the 4.x versions of these products? It would surprise me to discover that functionality had been lost in upgrade?

Suggest an answer