JIRA Toolkit Plugin version 0.35.10 blocks re-index on JIRA 6.3

Daniel Varela Santoalla September 1, 2014

Hi

I've found that after upgrading to the plugin version 0.35.10 I was not able to re-index JIRA any more. The problem immediately appears as a full comsumption of all the DB connections available in the db pool (and I've tried pool sizes as large as 100, for a quite small test JIRA instance). The indexation gets stuck around 10-15% and then connection timeout errors start appearing.

2014-09-02 13:40:28,139 ajp-bio-8010-exec-1 ERROR usv 819x174x1 5mw7w2 xxxxxxxxx /secure/admin/jira/IndexProgress.jspa [NoModule] There was an error getting a DBCP datasource.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to obtain a connection from the underlying connection pool
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.interceptors.connection.ConnectionTracker.trackConnection(ConnectionTracker.java:59)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.transaction.DBCPConnectionFactory.trackConnection(DBCPConnectionFactory.java:242)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.transaction.DBCPConnectionFactory.getConnection(DBCPConnectionFactory.java:73)

Either disabling the plugin or downgrading to 0.35.9 seems to solve the problem

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2014

Hello Daniel,

This behaviour is known. We already have abug reporting it here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-39677

The workaround seems to be downgrade/disable the plugin to the 0.35.9 version until this is fixed, as you have mentioned.

Daniel Varela Santoalla September 1, 2014

Ok, thanks for the quick answer :-)

Suggest an answer