JIRA: The transition condition of the workflow doesn't work

Candy Zhou June 25, 2013

I have done the user and group management. When I configure the workflow, the transition conditions don't work. Anyone can execute trasitions.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2013

Hi Candy,

Incase you added these conditions to your active Workflow, JIRA first of all creates a draft of your active workflow and you need to publish the workflow after editing to ensure that the changes you made are saved.

To add a condition to a transition (for example: user is in group, or user is in project role):

1. From the specific transition page, click the "add" a new condition link
  2. Select the radio button that corresponds to the Name of the condition
  3. Click the add button at the bottom of the page
  4. In the next page, you may need to also add the required parmeters to the condition (e.g. a specific group or project role where applicable or only Assignee etc.).

If you have already taken these steps, and you can see the added condition displayed under the specified transition page, then ensure you remember to publish the draft. You can always find the "Publish Draft" button from the Edit view of an unpublished workflow.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

What condition have you tried?

0 votes
Candy Zhou July 7, 2013

I have resolved the problem.Thank you all.

0 votes
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2013

Which is the condition that is having this issue, Candy?

Suggest an answer