JIRA Table Grid Editor Plugin: Data not copied when issue cloning

Philipp Klauser June 27, 2013

Having an issue with a full table grid, cloning this issue (More Actions -> Clone) results in a new Issue with an empty grid. Is there any way to copy the data stored in the table grid?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2014

Hi Philipp,

if you use TableGrid 1.12 or avove

try the following statement in the configuration:

gd.initFromClone=true

Lucas Rodrigues de Oliveira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2019

Perfect! 

It's run for me 

0 votes
Gerardo Romero February 26, 2015

What if I'm trying to copy the table to a subtask?

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 26, 2015

There is currently no direct way to copy grids and/or construct a query which retrieves the grid data from the parent (lacking the parent:id as issue value). I raised a feature request for further tracking https://support.idalko.com/browse/IGRID-3247

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2013

Hi Philipp,

Cloning a table grid needs support from the add-on itself. I was assuming that it could be done with a script, but we have to take into account

a) the id needs to be incremented correctly
b) sequence values need to be updated in case of continuous counting

Also, it is currently not possible to detect that an issue is cloned as there is no 'issue clone' event.
We will add a new workflow post funciton 'grid clone' which will actually perform the copying of the data, but we first need to figure out how we can know what the source issue is.

So - bottomline - not supported yet.

Francis

Feature request: https://support.idalko.com/browse/IGRID-1872

Philipp Klauser July 1, 2013

Hi Francis

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. We are happy customers of your plugin and the ability to really clone an issue including its grid data would be an additional benefit.

Cheers, Philipp

Suggest an answer