JIRA Suite Utilities - Value Field condition doesn't work

Michael Voronkov April 1, 2014

OBJECTIVE:

Force developers to select appropriate resolution during transition to Resolved state

STEPS:

1. Add new condition to the workflow transition

2. Select "Value Field - Allows to execute a transition if the given value of a field is equal to a constant value, or simply set."

3. Set condition as follows:

The field Resolution will have to be not equal to value 'NONE'. Compared as String.

I can still move issues to Resolved state with Resolution = NONE

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Voronkov April 3, 2014

JIRA Workflow Toolbox solves the problem.

1 vote
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

To achieve intedended objective - you should instead add Validator (not conditiion) "Fields Required" and use Resolution field.

"NONE" basically means Resolution field is not filled. That's why your solution doesn't work.

0 votes
Michael Voronkov April 1, 2014

Hi Andris, thanks for the reply.

The problem is that Resolution field must have a default value, it cannot be an empty string. So if no action is taken during transition to change resolution, resolution will be left at default , therefore "Fields Required" validator will always be satisfied. But the objective of forcing people to change resolution from default to appropriate one will not be.

I manually created NONE (string) as a default resolution.

In my opinion this is a bug in JIRA Suite Utilities plug-in, but they don't offer support other than posting questions on this board.

I am using other means to solve this.

Suggest an answer