[JIRA Suite Utilities] Copy components and labels fields from parent to subtask

Michał Wieczorek April 16, 2014

I'm using JIRA Suite Utilities 1.4.9.

I added post function on transition for subtask: "Copy Value From Other Field - Copies the value of one field to another, either within the same issue or from parent to sub-task."

Everything is working ok for fields like 'Affects version', 'Priority'.

But it's not working fo components and labels.

Does JIRA Suite Utilities supports those fields?

9 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

In log I found:

2014-04-17 14:43:50,824 http-bio-8080-exec-19 ERROR zew_2_7841 883x12770x1 yi3ul5 10.66.187.244 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [googlecode.jsu.util.WorkflowUtils] Issue field "labels" is not supported for setting.

1 vote
Andriy Yakovlev _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2016

A couple of notes:

• make sure you use JSU 1.4.10+ version, to be able to have required functionality: Copy Value From Other Field Post Function" supports components.
  • The Copy Value From Other Field post-function should be the first on the list of post-functions for the 'Create Issue' transition, see Post-Function+in+the+create+issue+transition

0 votes
young_lee April 15, 2015

Using JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions (which is free and pre-installed but not enabled by default in the Cloud version), there is a Post Function called "Set Field Value from Parent" which successfully copies the Parent's Labels to a SubTask's Labels.  The caveat is that it will overwrite any values that are entered on the screen but at least it works!

0 votes
inet-logistics January 16, 2015

Same problem here, an update would be great!

0 votes
O January 7, 2015

Having the same problem, have you solved your problem?

0 votes
O January 7, 2015

Hi, I have the same problem. JIRA Suite Utilities 1.4.9 and not able to copy "labels" and "components" to sub-issues.

0 votes
FrankOestreich December 22, 2014

I have the same problem. It seems that every custom field and every system field is available for the copy field value function except the field "component". Component is not hidden in the field configuration scheme and is on the parent issue screen and on the subtask issue screen. Do you know a solution for that problem?

0 votes
Matthew Brand October 27, 2014

Were you able to figure out your issue? I'm having the same problem.

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

Yes, it supports those fields. But make sure you have component and label fields not hidden in your field configuration/scheme for that project and exist in screens/scheme.

Yes, Labels field is not hidden, and is present on all screens.

Ląd Maciej - PZU September 18, 2014

Hi, How are you resolve this problem ?

Anil.Bulle January 17, 2017

Hi ,

Any update on this issue?

Regards

Anil

Suggest an answer