[JIRA Suite Utilities] Copy components and labels fields from parent to subtask

I'm using JIRA Suite Utilities 1.4.9.

I added post function on transition for subtask: "Copy Value From Other Field - Copies the value of one field to another, either within the same issue or from parent to sub-task."

Everything is working ok for fields like 'Affects version', 'Priority'.

But it's not working fo components and labels.

Does JIRA Suite Utilities supports those fields?

9 answers

1 accepted

In log I found:

2014-04-17 14:43:50,824 http-bio-8080-exec-19 ERROR zew_2_7841 883x12770x1 yi3ul5 10.66.187.244 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [googlecode.jsu.util.WorkflowUtils] Issue field "labels" is not supported for setting.

1 vote

A couple of notes:

• make sure you use JSU 1.4.10+ version, to be able to have required functionality: Copy Value From Other Field Post Function" supports components.
  • The Copy Value From Other Field post-function should be the first on the list of post-functions for the 'Create Issue' transition, see Post-Function+in+the+create+issue+transition

Yes, it supports those fields. But make sure you have component and label fields not hidden in your field configuration/scheme for that project and exist in screens/scheme.

Yes, Labels field is not hidden, and is present on all screens.

Hi, How are you resolve this problem ?

Hi ,

Any update on this issue?

Regards

Anil

Were you able to figure out your issue? I'm having the same problem.

I have the same problem. It seems that every custom field and every system field is available for the copy field value function except the field "component". Component is not hidden in the field configuration scheme and is on the parent issue screen and on the subtask issue screen. Do you know a solution for that problem?

Hi, I have the same problem. JIRA Suite Utilities 1.4.9 and not able to copy "labels" and "components" to sub-issues.

Having the same problem, have you solved your problem?

Same problem here, an update would be great!

Using JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions (which is free and pre-installed but not enabled by default in the Cloud version), there is a Post Function called "Set Field Value from Parent" which successfully copies the Parent's Labels to a SubTask's Labels.  The caveat is that it will overwrite any values that are entered on the screen but at least it works!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

47 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you