JIRA Subversion Plugin - Wrong Subversion Commits in wrong JIRA issues.

Christopher MORAN November 14, 2012

Hi,

We are using the JIRA Subversion Plugin (0.10.5.4_01)and have the following question that I hope you can answer.

When a a wrong JIRA ticket number is entered via a subversion commit, then re-entered with the correct JIRA ticket, JIRA is not picking the change. (wrong commits in the wrong issues)

I found the following but would like to know if there is an alternative solution rather than stop/starting JIRA.

Stop Jira, then you need to find the folder structure

/indexes/plugins/atlassian-subversion-revisions

and remove the folder atlassian-subversion-revisions or rename it to back it up Then restart Jira. The restart will recreate the atlassian-subversion-revisions folder with updated info from your subversion repository, and repopulate your Jira issues with correct info.

Many Thanks

Chris,

3 answers

0 votes
Yariv Sheizaf February 9, 2015

Hi all,

Is there any improvement regarding this issue?

It seems that re-indexing and manual admin process (include remove configuration files, as described in SVN-59)

is not effective as day-to-day procedure. 

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

You could just delete and re-add the one repo from the repositories page. However yes it does not really handle this situation.... it's not really acceptable to have to reindex the whole svn repo just to handle this.

Fisheye is slightly better in this regard but it's still not automatic.

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Basically you need a way to force reindex on the repository and it seems delete and restarting is the only way to force the the reindexing, IMHO that's not the best solution as just for one revision change you need get all repositories reindexed and as number of repositories icrease jira's startup time drastically increases, for this very reason we wrote subversion reindexer service which used to handle such anomalies.

I haven't used the latest version of the plugin but as far as I know the Subversion plugin has know provision for such changes in revision which it has already indexded.

Suggest an answer