JIRA Subteam

Paula Bennett May 4, 2014

JIRA has the ability to add people to a subteam for an issue. It is a nice feature that allows you to track team members who are working on the issue. I would expect that if comments are made on that issue, the subteam members would get notification. However, after testing this, the subteam members do not get notification in my setup. Is this working as intended or am I missing something?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2014

Plain Jira does not have this function, unless I'm missing something - could you explain how it's appearing to you?

Paula Bennett May 5, 2014

Hi Nic,

Here a screenshot of editing a story in JIRA. I think notices of comments, etc. should be sent out to Subteam members. The workaround is to add each person as a watcher.

Thanks,

Paula

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2014

There's no screenshot. Maybe if you pointed at a screen in the Atlassian docs and told us where it is different to what you're seeing? Or explained what plugin, custom field or trick you've implemented for "subteam"?

Suggest an answer