JIRA Structure questions

Camille Miller January 14, 2015
  1. I thought that a Structure reported on initiatives at the top level. From there, you can drill down to Epics, stories, tasks, etc. I am seeing issues such as defects and sub-tasks at the highest level in my structure. I've also noticed that they are not tied to an epic. Why do they appear at the top level of the structure?
  2. I have also noticed that duplicates cannot be removed. They can be closed but still appear.

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

Hi Camille,

1. Structure doesn't restrict how you organize hierarchies of issues, so the issues in a structure appear wherever you (or other users, or Synchronizers) put them.

Unless you can synchronize with existing externally-defined relationships (e.g. using the Agile or Links Synchronizers), you'll have to define relationships between issues manually at some point.

Could you tell me:
    1. How are you populating your structure with issues?
    2. Where is the Initiative-Epic relationship defined? 

2. Could you describe in more detail your issue with duplicates - what are they, how are they misbehaving?

Cheers,

Robert

Suggest an answer