JIRA Structure- Column showing count of JQL results

BernardH June 14, 2022

I want to create a column that will take a count of the number of Issues in the backlog or in a specific status.

I can't seem to figure out how to simply take a count.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Bernard

2 answers

1 vote
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2022

Hello @BernardH ,

David from ALM Works here.  

We will need to make use of a Formula column in order to accomplish this goal.  How we specifically approach it will depend on your structure's hierarchy as well as where you would like the calculation (count) made.

Could you share a screenshot, or description of your hierarchy and point out where you would like to see the count?  

If you have any concerns about sharing this here, please feel free to contact our support team directly via email support@almworks.com or through our customer portal support.almworks.com.

Best,
David

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

The best (?) solution to illustrate issue counts is within a Dashboard gadget. With that said there are various addon solutions to consider. The question is - where do you want to see this count? You mention creating a column, not sure where that would be and generally speaking a count or sum of issues would appear in the bottom row of a table not in a column.

BernardH June 14, 2022

Has to be a column in Structure. I have the info in a dashboard but I need a structure over a dashboard unfortunately.

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this

Suggest an answer