JIRA Startup Failed

Hi Guys,

I have a big problem with Atlassian JIRA. I'm a new User and in test-mode with a blank installation of JIRA. The Server is virtualized with VirtualBox and Ubuntu 14.04.1 server. The host system is a Xubuntu 14.04.

After upgrades and dist-upgrade i've restart the system. After restart comes the follow message in the browser:

The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:

• Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Quick Edit Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin)

What can I do?
Please write step-by-step while my english is not so good and I am newbie by JIRA administration!

Thanks, Marc.

3 answers

I can not login into JIRA. If I go to the URL comes an error-page like this format: http://srv-jiratest:8080/JiraLockedError with the message in a red warning box. What can I do to check it?

UPDATE:
Now I've restart the JIRA service and it's running now! This I've doing yesterday, but there it was not running. The plugin is in the version 2.0.2 installed. I dont know why it was not work yesterday...

Now run JIRA fine! I hope it stay along...

0 vote

Marc

This error seems to be related to a plugin timeout while JIRA was starting. Since JIRA was not able to load the system plugins in a timely fashion it got locked. Next time this occurs I suggest to follow Norman's suggestion above which explains how to increase the plugin timeout to avoid this issue. Default timeout is 60 seconds, changing to 300 seconds would help.

Cheers!

L.F

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

77 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you