JIRA Startup Failed

Marc Müller November 1, 2014

Hi Guys,

I have a big problem with Atlassian JIRA. I'm a new User and in test-mode with a blank installation of JIRA. The Server is virtualized with VirtualBox and Ubuntu 14.04.1 server. The host system is a Xubuntu 14.04.

After upgrades and dist-upgrade i've restart the system. After restart comes the follow message in the browser:

The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:

• Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Quick Edit Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin)

What can I do?
Please write step-by-step while my english is not so good and I am newbie by JIRA administration!

Thanks, Marc.

3 answers

1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2014
0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2014

Marc

This error seems to be related to a plugin timeout while JIRA was starting. Since JIRA was not able to load the system plugins in a timely fashion it got locked. Next time this occurs I suggest to follow Norman's suggestion above which explains how to increase the plugin timeout to avoid this issue. Default timeout is 60 seconds, changing to 300 seconds would help.

Cheers!

L.F

0 votes
Marc Müller November 1, 2014

I can not login into JIRA. If I go to the URL comes an error-page like this format: http://srv-jiratest:8080/JiraLockedError with the message in a red warning box. What can I do to check it?

UPDATE:
Now I've restart the JIRA service and it's running now! This I've doing yesterday, but there it was not running. The plugin is in the version 2.0.2 installed. I dont know why it was not work yesterday...

Now run JIRA fine! I hope it stay along...

Suggest an answer