JIRA Standalone won't start

Joshua Toepfer March 2, 2014

I'm getting an error http://jiralockederror/ when I try to get to my standalone JIRA instance. I did not change anything I just rebooted the instance since it was very slow and taking alot of memory.

Windows 2008 R2, 8GB, Atlassian JIRA 6.1.2

I've check out the answers a bit, but nothing seems to be the problem I'm having. When I do stop the instance the .lock file is removed. I've checked the logs and I'm getting a strange error message.

2014-03-03 10:55:33,438 Timer-0 WARN [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] Timeout occurred before finding service dependencies for [NonValidatingOsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.atlassian.gadgets.directory, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml)]

2014-03-03 10:55:34,452 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.plugin.util.WaitUntil] Plugins that have yet to be enabled: [com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-development-integration-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-whitelist-ui-plugin, com.atlassian.gadgets.directory, com.atlassian.gadgets.opensocial, com.atlassian.streams, com.atlassian.streams.streams-jira-plugin, com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard, com.atlassian.jira.project-templates-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo, com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-bitbucket-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-whitelist-api-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-project-creation-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-bitbucket-connector-plugin, com.atlassian.streams.streams-thirdparty-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.plugins.webhooks.jira-webhooks-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.gadgets, com.atlassian.streams.actions, com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.jira-invite-user-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.plugins.workflow.sharing.jira-workflow-sharing-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-nav-links-plugin, com.marvelution.jira.plugins.jenkins], 32 seconds remaining

2014-03-03 10:55:34,467 Timer-0 ERROR [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] Unable to create application context for [com.atlassian.gadgets.directory], unsatisfied dependencies: Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.directory.spi.SubscribedGadgetFeedStore)] (from bean [&subscribedGadgetFeedStore])

org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.gadgets.directory' has timed out

at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:454)

at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.access$000(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:50)

at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor$WatchDogTask.run(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:105)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

2014-03-03 10:55:34,483 Timer-0 ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Never resolved service '&subscribedGadgetFeedStore' for plugin 'com.atlassian.gadgets.directory' with filter (objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.directory.spi.SubscribedGadgetFeedStore)

2014-03-03 10:55:34,483 Timer-0 ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Unable to start the plugin container for plugin com.atlassian.gadgets.directory

org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.gadgets.directory' has timed out

at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:454)

at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.access$000(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:50)

at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor$WatchDogTask.run(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:105)

2014-03-03 10:55:34,483 Timer-0 ERROR [extender.internal.activator.ContextLoaderListener] Application context refresh failed (NonValidatingOsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.atlassian.gadgets.directory, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml))

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

___ FAILED PLUGIN REPORT _____________________

1 plugin failed to load during JIRA startup.

'com.atlassian.gadgets.directory' - 'Gadget Directory Plugin' failed to load.

Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.gadgets.directory' has timed out

It has the following missing service dependencies :

&subscribedGadgetFeedStore of type (objectClass=com.atlassian.gadgets.directory.spi.SubscribedGadgetFeedStore)

It was loaded from E:\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\.bundled-plugins\atlassian-gadgets-directory-plugin-3.2.0-m29.jar

1 plugin are unaccounted for.

Unaccounted for plugins load as artifacts but fail to resolve into full plugins.

'com.atlassian.labs.hipchat.hipchat-for-jira-plugin' - 'HipChat' is unaccounted for.

It was loaded from E:\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\.bundled-plugins\hipchat-for-jira-plugin-1.1.14.jar

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

If you need more I can include the entire log, but here is where I think the error is taking place.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joshua Toepfer March 2, 2014

After writing this issue. I refined my search a bit and found an issue, linked below, regarding plugins being disabled.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Plugins+are+Disabled+at+Startup+and+Various+Timeout+Errors+Appear+in+the+Logs+After+Startup

I started down this path, and found a plugin was disabled. I know the last think I did prior to restarting was update some of the plugins. I found several plugins that were disabled, so after enabling them JIRA started with no problems.

Sorin Sbarnea January 13, 2015

WTH would it wait for a disabled plugin to start? it does sounds like a bug, not something normal... or maybe it is hoping the the mighty God would enable it.

Suggest an answer