JIRA Software is licensed but not currently installed after upgrading from Jira 6

Ignacio Ortiz D. July 13, 2017

After upgrading from Jira 6 to Jira 7 users are getting a warning in different projects that also can be seen by administrators in the url "[server]/plugins/servlet/applications/versions-licenses" stating "JIRA Software is licensed but not currently installed." with a big "Install" button beside it. 

When users try to install it they get an error in a red box that says "An unexpected error occurred. Refer to the logs for more information.".

So far we've tried:

- Stoping service, reinstalling Jira Core last version with installer, restarting service, installing Jira application with .obr file through Applications Management section.

- Stoping service, reinstalling Jira Software last version with installer, restarting service.

- Stoping service, uninstalling 3rd party add-ons for Jira, reinstalling Jira Software with installer and .obr file, restarting service.

- Restarting service, reinstalling Jira software last version with installer, 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Ortiz D. July 17, 2017

I tried many things without succeeding but finally fixed it following these steps:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-application-does-not-start-due-to-disabled-bundled-plugin-254738702.html

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2017

i experience the exact same problem after the same upgrade: 6.2 to 7.2.5.

as i check with atlassian the natural upgrade path from jira 6 is jira software, but in my case we upgrade to jira core 7 due to the fact that we're not using the software features.

the renewal was not possible and they issue a new license.

After the upgrade, I fix the problem by changing the project type of all the project from jira software to jira core.

Hope it helps

Suggest an answer