JIRA Software and Confluence ?

Alex Georgiev October 13, 2015

Hi,

1. I have a self-hosted JIRA 10 users license. I'm interested if I want to get self-hosted Confluence license, would it then be possible to upgrade to JIRA 7 Software ?
  2. I saw on the feature comparison table that JIRA Software does not integrate with Confluence and I would need to buy JIRA Core just for this. Is this the case ?

Thanks,

Alex

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2015
  1. Your JIRA 10 user license will allow you to be used with JIRA Software provided it's still within a maintenance period.
  2. JIRA Software absolutely integrates with Confluence, all JIRA products do - was there anywhere particular that it mentioned it didn't?

Alex Georgiev October 14, 2015

Thanks ! I updated my question with a link to the table. The row "Confluence knowledge base integration"_ is what I was concerned about

Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2015

Ahh OK that's a specific feature for JIRA Service Desk only - standard integration works though. Thanks for clarifying. :)

1 vote
Bogdan Gorka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2015

JIRA and Confluence integrate very well with each other. I am sure that the latest upgrade did not affect this fundamental functionality.

Please review Atlassian Documentation:

1. Technical How-To: Integrating JIRA and Confluence
  2. Use Cases: Use JIRA applications and Confluence together

I would be interested to see the 'feature comparison table' that you are mentioning. Please provide a link.

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2015

You can just buy JIRA Core instead of JIRA Software for integrating of Confluence.

0 votes
Curtis Turner November 12, 2015

This is the page with the confusing feature comparison table mentioned above:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/migration/jira-7/server_jira+agile+jsd_product-changes

I feel rewording "Confluence knowledge base integration" to something else which more accurately portrays the specific feature integration granted would go a long way... "Confluence knowledge base" will be considered pretty generic, since I assume many of us are using Confluence as our knowledge bases smile

Suggest an answer