JIRA SoapService RemoteIssue.getCustomFieldValues() problem

Hi!

We have JIRA 5.0.2 and a Java EE application, which retrieves the JIRA issues from the server via RPC.

These issues contain custom fields. One of these fields is a string content like this “pXHHQw3kA1kDx2CnJ6eskE6ZP/I”.

If I get this value via RPC from the application then the value of this field will be the following: “pXHHQw3kA1kDx2CnJ6eskE6ZP”.

It is incorrect, because the “/I” is missing at the end of the original string.

Here is the code from the application:

RemoteIssue issues[] = jira.jiraSoapService.getIssuesFromFilter(token, Jira.getOpenIssuesFilterId());

for (int i = 0; i < issues.length; i++)

{

RemoteCustomFieldValue[] cfvs = issues[i].getCustomFieldValues();

for (int ci = 0; ci < cfvs.length; ci++)

{

if (cfvs[ci].getCustomfieldId().equals(Jira.getCustomFieldId(Jira.CUSTOMFIELD)))

String value = cfvs[ci].getValues()[0].trim());

}

}

Is it a JIRA bug? If it is, can you recommend at least a workaround?

Please help us to solve this problem.

I am waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks and Regards,

József Kovács

1 answer

1 accepted

Hello,

Note that we'll not provide future development on SOAP API, so even if the bug became confirmed, it will not be fixed.

Please take a look into this page for reference: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Remote+API+Reference

Lucas Lima

Atlassian Support

Thank you for the answer.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,826 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot