JIRA Slow for one user

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2014

Hi Guys

I am receiving a strange issue with JIRA.

One of my users is reporting that when he accesses JIRA directly from a notification email, it takes 15 sec to load the home page and then another 30 sec to log in (we are LDAP authenticated). Behavior is same both Mozilla and chrome.

But no one else has reported such a problem (fine on my system).

What could be contributing to such an issue?

Note: I have ruled out networks issue (network speed was found acceptable); browser issue ( isued the same browser as his andi t was fine)

What else can i look into?

Is it still possible that it is a application (JIRA) related issues?

Rahul

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2014

As it's just one user, that strongly suggests there's a problem with their LDAP logging into the network and Jira, not the server at the far end.

One really quick test - can you get them to log in from another client machine?

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2014

Hi Rahul,

Could it simply be that the user has something wrong with his/her pc?

Maybe using a proxy configuration that's not working correctly?

Or a bad network card?

Like Nic says: let them login from a different pc (yours for example) and see what it gives.

Best regards,

Peter

petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2014

Hey Rahul,

To discover if the problem is in the user's machine or LDAP account, ask him to login in a different machine, like mentioned in the other comment, but ask someone else who didn't face this before to login using this user's computer as well.

Suggest an answer