JIRA Set custom field value to Assignee field

AKASH BHARDWAJ August 25, 2015

Hi All,

I have an requirement where, I would like to copy a field (basically i have User Picker Custom field) upon transition say from STATUS A to B, Custom field value i.e user name should be assigned as Assignee.

Please help me on this. I would like to achieve this using Post function without any New add on installed.

Is it possible to go with this approach.

Many Thanks,
Akash 

2 answers

2 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2015

Hi, Akash.

You can add a post-function to this transition and use the Copy value from other field post-function from the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin to copy this. smile

Cheers,
Matheus 

AKASH BHARDWAJ August 25, 2015

@Matheus Fernandes : I tried using Copy Value from other field but upon transition Assignee is not getting updated. Anything that i am missing. Thanks, Akash

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

This should work. Where did you put the post-function script? Check the order of the post-functions. Also, try checking the logs for any hints about the issue. Enable JIRA Debug logging if possible.

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2015

To complement what Gabrielle said, although silly: make sure the workflow draft was published. :)

AKASH BHARDWAJ August 26, 2015

@Gabrielle Bautista [ACP-JA] & @Matheus Fernandes Hi All, It worked. THanks a Lot everyone for getting this thing done. Much Appreciated. Many Thanks, Akash

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2015

Cheers :)

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
August 26, 2015

👍

Indranil Mondal February 23, 2016

Hi all, will this post function work to copy value from one field to another within same screen? not from one transition to another or one status to another status. trying to copy value using javascript but not working.

Thanks in advance.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2016

The custom field with values will always be present in an "Issue" and if they are present in the "View Screen". There are "Transition Screens" too and don't mix em up smile

Nikhil Rote June 1, 2017

Hi Akash,

How u set customfield value to assignee field. we have same issue.

1 vote
Arvin Ketabat May 22, 2018

hi,

this solution works on transition which means it goes from state A to B. how can i get assignee when no state changes. in other words, how can i set custom field when user change assignee without changing state in workflow(so no transition fires)?

Suggest an answer