JIRA Service Desk

Rutger Buijzen November 19, 2013

I was wondering if JIRA service desk is only suited for IT help desks or it can also be configured to use in for example a facility management scenario service desk?

for example:

• employee notices broken light bulb that needs to replaced
  • employee submits replacement request in JIRA servicedesk (i.a. Room and Building)
  • issue is received and SLA time counter starts (configurable SLA?)
  • issue is approved and send to appropriate sub contracter (configurable workflow?)
  • light bulb is replaced by subcontractor
  • issue is resolved
  • reporting on SLA response times
  • fines based on SLA and to late response times

Tx!

5 answers

0 votes
Rutger Buijzen December 1, 2013

tried to find some more information on setting up "" for JIRA service desk. Is this still the way to go?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

about: "Do keep in mind that issues created by mail don't become available in the Service Desk Customer portal for follow up."

What does this mean exactly?

TX

PS: should'nt email support be a default feature in service desk software? ;-)

0 votes

TX guys!

0 votes

TX! some more questions:

• Does JIRA service desk support some sort of API so we would be able to build a custom front end?
  • Does JIRA service desk support mail queues? (ie sending email to support@example.com would be automatically created as an issue ticket?

tx again ;-)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2013

Jira supports "turn incoming mail into issues" which could then land in the Service Desk as well.

Similarly, Jira has a remote API. I've not actually looked into a remote API for Service Desk explicitly, but you could at least use the Jira part of it, and I suspect Service Desk would add more.

Also, for what it's worth, I know of two organisations who are already using service desk for non-IT stuff. One is doing facilities management, the other is using it for job scheduling in paper work tasks.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2013

Nic said it perfectly :)

Do keep in mind that issues created by mail don't become available in the Service Desk Customer portal for follow up.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes

PS: And localized UI?

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2013

Hi Rutger,

You could use Jira Service Desk for this purpose.

You can indeed configure the SLA's and even work with different ones.

You can configure the workflow just like any other workflow in Jira.

You can have real time reporting on SLA response times.

You might be able to great the fines automatically, but for that I'm not sure. You can report on issues that have an overdue SLA so you can easily see who will need to be fined.

I don't know exactly about the localized UI, but there are several translation packages available for JIRA so I don't think it would be that big a problem to create on for Service Desk.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer