JIRA Service Desk will not install

Justin V August 8, 2017

Hello,

I am running the latest JIRA Software 7.4.1 and I am attempting to install JIRA Service Desk as an application alongside JIRA Software.

No matter how I attempt to install JIRA Service Desk 3.6.2, I receive a warning prompt to check the system logs. These logs do not show any issues.

I click on Upload an Application and upload the Windows 64bit installer for Service Desk, this results in the page refreshing and doing nothing. When I select the 'Try it for free' for Service Desk, it runs through the installer and shows the blue bar move across the screen.

When that blue bar finishes, it displays an error to check logs. I have noticed that it DOES install all of the Service Desk plugins required to run Service Desk. Yet, nothing works.

At the moment, I cannot install JIRA Service Desk onto my JIRA Software intanse.

2 answers

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2017

Hi Justin,

When you say nothing works what do you mean by that?  

1. If you try the free option are you directed to my.atlassian.com to get a license?
  2. If you go to Projects do you see an option for Service Desk?
  3. If you see Service Desk and try to create a Service Desk project what error do you get in the UI and what do the logs say at the time of the error?

The first thing I would do is check to see if the Service Desk plugins are enabled when you go to System Administration > Add-Ons > Manage Add-Ons.  If there is a modue or modules that are not enabled try enabling them.  If you can't enable them from there:

1. Stop JIRA.
  2. Enable the add-ons using the instructions in Disabling and enabling add-ons
  3. Restart JIRA

Cheers,

Branden

Justin V August 9, 2017

Thanks for the response. I guess my dull response of 'nothing works' comes from the fact that Service Desk shows that it’s installing, but in the end doesn't install. However, it installed all of the plugins for Service Desk.

1. When I select the free option, I am not redirected to the website. It just begins to install.
2. The Projects drop down shows my original Service Desk, but it the logo for it is blank indicating that it doesn't know what the type of Project it is.
2.a. Service Desk was original installed on my system, but I had to uninstall it due to some bug I was experiencing.
3. Service Desk is not listed in the Applications field, so I do not have an option to create a project.
The add-ons for Service Desk are there in the plugin manager, but they are disabled. As discussed in the first post, when I attempt to install Service Desk it does install all of the plugins, then prompts an error telling me to view the JIRA logs.
I even attempted to delete the Service Desk plugins and UPM from the JIRA plugin folder, but that did not resolve the issue.

0 votes
Konstantin Kulach August 15, 2018

Hi!

I have the same problem at linux server (Jira Software 7.11.2)

When i try to install Jira SD by clicking "Try it free" button - i see the blue progressbar, which goes to 90%, then stops and i see an error with "Check your logs..."

Also tried to install APP by downloading jira-servicedesk-application-3.14.2.obr. It also doesn't finish successfully.

Noni Khutane September 1, 2018

Did you resolve this?

Konstantin Kulach September 1, 2018

Nope

Nikusha December 7, 2018

any solution?

Suggest an answer