JIRA Service Desk: set up

Skarbinski Dagny February 20, 2017

1. can one devide it per customer so other customer group does not see the questions. can a knowledge database be set up seen by all customers ? (here meaning external customers). 

2. from internal can one filter on all or only on the customer you are working with

3. is japanese language support possible

4. how can knowledge base that all external customers have access to be built up.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2017
  1. I'm not sure if you can divide the service desk per customer because technically, all the customers are in the same bucket. These customers don't necessary have licenses to access content or be grouped. A knowledge base can be set up and seen by all customers. You will have to go to Confluence>(Your Knowledge Base) > Space Tools > Permissions and set "Anonymous Access" permissions.
  2. Internally, you can create different levels of queues under your service desk project. Within the Queues, you can filter by "Creator". You can set this filter equal to a single or multiple users.
  3. Currently, most JIRA products do support Japaneses. Most add-on's, however, only support English as of right now. You can find more info on that here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/languages-744721667.html
  4. I use Confluence and have it linked to JIRA Service Desk. This will allow you to build a Knowledge Base with the power of all users. This goes hand-in-hand with step 1, you can set "Anonymous Access" so internal and external users can build up the database with or for you.

I hope this is helpful!

Suggest an answer