JIRA Service Desk map to Confluence Space

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2017

What are the restriction of JIRA Service Desk to map with Confluence?

Can we map multiple Confluence spaces to JIRA Service desk?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2017

There are a few ways to "map" a Jira Service Desk to Confluence.

But, my instincts say that you are asking about connecting a single Jira Service Desk portal/project to a Confluence Knowledge Base space

This is a 1:1 mapping - you can't tell Jira to use several spaces as a single KB.

You can set up several portals connected to their own separate KB spaces, but it's still a 1:1 relationship.

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2017

Thanks Nic.

It means that I can't map multiple confluence spaces to a JIRA Service desk 

Can we map different request types by template in the same confluence space?

Regards,

Sid

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2017

Yes, you are right, you cannot set up multiple Confluence spaces as a single Knowledge Base for a single Jira Service Desk project/portal.

I am sorry, I do not understand " map different request types by template in the same confluence space".  There are too many Jira words happening in the sentence.

Do you mean "Can we have a different knowledge base space in Confluence for each request type in JSD?"

Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 29, 2017

Thanks for confirmation

Yes, but I guess it is not possible, because as you mentioned earlier there 1:1 mapping for Confluence and JIRA Service desk

Regards,

Sid 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2017

I don't know if it might help, but you can target specific pages in your knowledge base for certain request types. It is possible to label your KB pages with Confluence labels and map those labels to Service Desk requests:

Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 10.40.25.png

So if that's what you mean, you can accomplish this. I would suggest to be rather conservative with the feature, because overdoing it (e.g. by adding too many labels) requires really strict management of your kb pages in Confluence and possible loss of efficiency of it.

Suggest an answer