JIRA Service Desk: disable the customer portal top-left icon / text link

Frederic Baud November 13, 2017

Hi guys,

This is a bit of an unusual request, yet an important one to our management.

We have configured 1 Service Desk instance in JIRA (1 SD project) and set it all up fine. However, our management was playing with the service desk portal instance (/servicedesk/customer/portal/1), only to find out that the top left icon is clickable and display a more generic view of JIRA Service Desk (/servicedesk/customer/portals).

To our management, this must be disabled or hidden to the end users as they do not wish to give them the option to see that more than 1 service desk instance could be defined.

So far, we have the following setup:
- shortcut to /servicedesk/customer/portal/1 in the JIRA navigation menu
- no permission to end users to access any other service desk instance
- Apache rewrite of /servicedesk/customer/portals to /servicedesk/customer/portal/1

However, this is not enough as the Rewrite has no effect on the icon click (POST request and not a GET request), so here I am coming to you guys for further support.

We are guessing that the only way to disable this clickable icon is to update some files in a JAVA file.

I am looking for the file(s) I should be considering for such modification?

Many thanks in advance,
Fred

1 answer

0 votes
Anthony France March 20, 2018

'm going though the same fight, I'm overcoming it by demonsstrating how we can utilize jira through out the company so that all the extras actually make sense.... its kinda rough but getting there.

Suggest an answer