JIRA Service Desk - Restart SLA count on change of status

New Verve Consulting February 13, 2017

Hello, 

we are trying to implement an automation rule that would transition a ticket from status to status after certain time of inactivity. I am trying to use SLA time breached trigger. The problem is we need to restart the SLA counter each time issue transitions into the specific status (issue can go back and forth between With Support and With Customer - we need to start count from zero every time the issue is with support).

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Jiri

2 answers

1 vote
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 20, 2021

Hi @New Verve Consulting  ,

You reset your SLAs with Time to SLA.

Just navigate to SLA Configuration menu, select your reset condition and you're done.

Since your reset is based on a status change, you can capture the date of this specific status change with automation and use that field as the reset condition.

https://confluence.snapbytes.com/time-to-sla/cloud/create-your-sla/configure-an-sla/reset-an-sla

Time to SLA works in Service Management, Software and Business projects.

sla-reset-2.png

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Gökçe

Please note that I'm one of the members of the Snapbytes team.

0 votes
Robert Dzido February 13, 2017

Hi,

It's not possible to restart SLA in Cloud.

if you don't have MISC Workflow Extension or Script Runner  (if you do, it's much simpler), you can use Resolution field and set it on status change then use automation rule with JQL based on resolutionDate. Resolution should be cleared by this automatic transition,

Regards,
Robert

Eduardo Diez January 19, 2021

Hi @Robert Dzido 

I've Script Runner, so you can say that it's possible to restart the time to resolution or other time SLA, but I need when a issue is reopen modify the time to resolution, to restart time to resolution.

If you know how to do it, you can share please. Thank's

Suggest an answer