JIRA Service Desk - LDAP

Aarron Natale August 11, 2015

Hi guys

Currently trying to setup LDAP service with JIRA Service Desk but running into a small issue with user management options. 

under the instructions (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+to+an+LDAP+Directory) i should be able to see user directories. 

I have checked my admin level and i should be able to see this option (site-admin) 

Am i missing something? 

Thanks smile

Jira Service.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2015

That looks like it's a Cloud installation of JIRA - is that the case?

Aarron Natale August 11, 2015

Yes it is

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2015

Ah, ok. Well, you can't set up LDAP on Cloud. It only supports Atlassian's internal user directory (Crowd based) and google applications accounts.

Aarron Natale August 12, 2015

Ahh well that explains it. would you know of any solutions for a single sign on active directory environment?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2015

Loads, but none you can use on Cloud, you need to move to the Server version, either with another hosting company, or running it yourself.

Suggest an answer