JIRA Service Desk - Duplicate creation of tickets by mail

Juan Manuel Gardey Morell July 14, 2017

Good afternoon, my query is at the Service Desk. I have activated the mode of automatic creation of tickets by sending an email. The problem I have is that every time I reply in the mail chain creates a new one and does not take it as a comment, someone who could help me configure the same so that it stops duplicating tickets.

Thank you

Regards

Juan

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2017

Hi Juan,

What version of Service Desk are you using?  There is a current bug reported at JSDSERVER-2373.  Please review the bug report and the following summary matches the method to reproduce please vote on the issue for impact and follow the work around section:

When a customer of a JIRA Service Desk sends an E-mail from Service Desk to another person (who is not an agent, reporter or request participant) of the issue, if that additional party replies to the issue and includes the JIRA Service Desk E-mail, the E-mail is treated as a new issue...

Finally, verify the reply has the issue key in the subject line.  If that does not help please provide a screenshot of your mail handler.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer