JIRA Service Desk - Disabling of 'Activate My Account' Email feature

Shyam Bhaskaran June 13, 2017

Hi,

I am planning to use Service Desk within my organization and all the features provided by 'Service Desk' are meeting my requirements - except for customers accessing and activating their account through portal - Is there a way by which we can disable the sending of 'Activate My Account' email from Service Desk.

In the Customer Permissions - who can access the portal section - I know we can use 'Customer my team adds' will not send the activation email but I want to use 'Anyone can send a request via the portal or sending email to xxx@xxx.atlassian.net' this feature but the 'Activate My Account' email should not be sent when this featur is selected.

Is there any way by which I can achieve this.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Shyam

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2017

Hi Shyam,

There is an existing feature request for this functionality that you can find at JSDSERVER-1708. Please vote on this issue to add impact and add your use case to the comments.

When you go to JSDSERVER-1708, you will see a couple suggestions in the comments that you can try.  In addition, on the Cloud ticket for this same issue the Product Manager appears to have addressed this concern and it seems like the devs are taking this into consideration and may make that change in the future:

"Welcome emails are instance wide and span across multiple projects, which is why modifying them is challenging. We are now exploring the possibility of suppressing these emails and building a new flow for users to activate accounts."

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer