JIRA Service Desk Customers

Sebastian Rabe December 7, 2016

Hello JIRA Support Team,

I have a lot of questions regarding the user/customer management in JIRA service desk. But first the things I intend to do/I like to have JIRA do:

Even "firstier" some infos regarding the environment: 

We have confluence and JIRA installed on the same server within company "limits". (We would like to link them with some special requirements. But that maybe an issue for a later question)

For our customers (we are an IT service company, so JIRA should be ideal for our requirements) we have external access to JIRA  service desk. Thats why the only way the customers should raise issues/requests is via an email to an address configured in the email handler of JIRA service desk. This part is working, but with side effects, which I hope you can eradicate with your answers. 

So the main questions is:
Is it possible, that a customer of ours can raise a request/issue, who has - as of now - no account in JIRA service desk with the sender's email address, with his e-mail address showing up as author?

When you let us know how to do that, I guess a lot of tangential questions will be answered too. So let us stick with the main questions so far.

Thanks in advance

With regards 

Sebastian

P.S.: Have nice a holiday time.(X-mas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, etc.)

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2016

Sebastian,

I'm having a bit of trouble following your request but let me start w/ the following answer/statements...

• You can add JSD application to your current JSW/Confluence instance.
  • You can set up JSD such that anyone can create a customer account via email. The way this works is, you provide your customers with a 'support request email' that you set up for each project (projects = companies you service). When your customers send in their first email support request then they are added as a customer using their email address.

hope that helps getting you started.

Suggest an answer