JIRA Service Desk / Collaborators Role / Permission problem

Ralf Rottmann January 12, 2015

We are having difficulties with Permission when using JIRA Service Desk.

In JIRA Service Desk's People section, we see lots of users listed as Collaborators. However, we don't want some of those to be Collaborators.

In the People > Collaborators list, the "Revoke Access" link is grayed out. Hovering over it displays a popup stating:

"Ralf Rottmann became a collaborator directly through the permission scheme. To remove access, revoke the Browse Project permission from Ralf Rottmann."

This does not sound right. We want the user to remain a Customer, just not a Collaborator. Interestingly enough, when we go to Permissions on the Service Desk project level, the specific is NOT indicated to hold the Collaborator role.

Please help. This is urgent, as the Collaborator role drives who can see internal comments.

3 answers

0 votes
maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

Hi Ralf,

If you navigate to the Permission Schemes page, and click on the Service Desk permission scheme for your project, are these users being given the Browse Projects permission via a group?

If so, if you remove them from the group or remove the group from having this permission, they should not show as Collaborators unless added specifically to the role.

Matt

0 votes
Ralf Rottmann January 12, 2015

Thanks for your response! I'm not sure though, where exactly you mean I should navigate to.. . The "Service Desk Collaborators" role on the project level is... empty. That seems to be part of the problem.Project_Customer_Support_-_Roles_-_JIRA.png

Andrey Pechnikov January 12, 2015

Oh, I havent expected it. Well, I have another idea. You have jira-user group which has acces to JIRA. Atlassian expects that SD customers do not have acces to log in to jira. If a user has both customer role and log in permission, so he may watch the issues throught JIRA interface and became a collaborator.

0 votes
Andrey Pechnikov January 12, 2015

I am not sure, but I'll tell you my thoughts on it. 

Try to enter in JIRA your_project Project Administration, then "Roles" and Role "Collaborators". Here you can manage collaborators list directly, without JIRA SD layer. 

Hope this somehow helps

Suggest an answer