JIRA Service Desk - Automation Rule for internal comments?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2016

Configuring my first Service Desk and added an automation rule for "Issue Commented".  In the IF statement you can also specify if the comment is public or internal.  So I thought that mean the issue commented would rule means it will trigger on any comment and then you use the IF to refine if the comment is public or internal. 

But I can't seem to get any automation on internal comments.  Even when I put in the IF "Comment is Internal".  Only Public comments seem to work.  Did I miss something or is this a limitation of the When "Issue commented" condition that it ONLY works on public comments.

1 answer

0 votes
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2016

If you want something to work only on Internal Comment then add "Comment Visibility" = Internal in your Service Desk automation IF statement and make sure you add your comment from Internal tab of Service Desk interface (not from JIRA interface).

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2016

I did put If comment is internal on the IF statement.   But I'm looking for automation if someone does comment from outside of Service desk in the JIRA interface? 

Suggest an answer