JIRA Service Desk - Approval History Not Showing

Scott Derderian July 24, 2017

We are running JIRA  version 7.3.7 and Service desk version 3.4.0

When an issue is transitioned from an issue type not requiring approval to an issue type requiring approval, the Approval History is lost.

Is this a known issue?  Please let me know what additional information you need to help troubleshoot / resolve.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2017

Hi Scott,

If you're going from an issue type that does not require approval to one that does, since the initial issue type doesn't require approval it wouldn't carry the history with it from my understanding.

You can check the database to see if the data is there.  Here are the relevant tables:

AO_56464C_APPROVAL:  Approval data (name, issueId/statusId it associated with) and Approval Requirement and its final decision.

AO_56464C_NOTIFICATIONRECORD:  Record notifications send to each approver.

Cheers,

Branden

Scott Derderian July 27, 2017

Thanks Branden,  your answer makes perfect sense.

Actually Atlassian support also weighed in with some suggestions (related to your answer...)...

After a little digging, it came down to this.  When the issue was transitioned to the target (approval needed) workflow, it was transitioned to a post approval status (if that makes sense...).

Basically it comes down to either

1) When the issue is moved to the new workflow, transition it to a status that still requires approval, or

2) Change the target workflow to allow transitioning back to approval being required from anywhere in the workflow.

I posed those options to the customer...

Suggest an answer