JIRA Server: How can I prevent users from adding and deleting groups to/from project roles?

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2017

On JIRA Cloud, users with Administer Projects permission couldn't add groups to a Project Role, nor remove groups from them.

How can I mimic the same restriction on a JIRA Server 7.1.9 instance?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2023

Hi @Ignacio Pulgar ,

unfortunately you can't do that. I developed my own plugin to do that through servelt filter https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/servlet-filter/

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2023

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ,

Thanks for the pointer! :)

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2023

you're welcome @Ignacio Pulgar 

Like Ignacio Pulgar likes this

Suggest an answer