JIRA- Sending Email Invites to external users

Salvador Garcia March 2, 2015

Hi there,
We recently have been toying around with the idea of implementing JIRA Service Desk for our company: Jellyvision.

Recently, however, we've been attempting to send email invites to external email addresses: (Example: externaljira@gmail.com). When I look at the mail queue, it looks as though those invites are being placed in the error queue.

Now we know that this email does in fact exist. Additionally, when I logged into the jira@jellyvision.com email that we set up to send email notifications, i'm able to send email from the mail client. However, it seems as though when trying to invite users through email address in JIRA to (gmail or hotmail for example) it's getting placed in the error mail queue.

Are there any thoughts on this on things I should check or what we can do to get this working?

Any information is appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2015

I would look for whatever error is coming up in the logs. Most likely there is some error related to the SMTP connection. If you have an up to date license, then it may be best to create a support ticket to have Atlassian help you analyze the logs.

Suggest an answer