JIRA Search Inconsistancies

Neil Taylor December 10, 2012

I'm having some trouble with searching at the moment. An issue is assigned to a specific person, but when I search for it, it shows up as the assignee being someone else. I've tried different searches and even just running a simple one such as "issuekey = xx-xxxx" and it's returning a different assignee on the list than what is actually on the ticket when you click on it. Has anyone ever seen this issue before?

Thanks!!!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

Try a full reindexing and see if it help.

Will try this. Any ideas on how long the process takes? I don't want JIRA to be down for a long time during the day. Thanks!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2012

It's proportional to the number of issues, and how fast your server is (mostly disk access), and your version of Jira (later = faster). It needs to read every issue and recreate the index entry for them!

On a 2.4GHz quad core VM test machine on a relatively slow network, Jira 5.1 did 350,000 issues in a shade over an hour over the weekend. But you'd need to test it for yourself before relying on other people's numbers.

Great thanks! Understood it'll be drastically different for everyone, but that at least gives me some figures to work with and makes guesses.

Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

Our JIRA has 240k issues and re-indexing takes about 15 - 25 minutes.

Neil Taylor December 11, 2012

Looks like it took my JIRA (v4.4) about 40 minutes for 150k issues. Thanks for all the help, looks to have resolved the issue!

Suggest an answer