JIRA ScriptRunner create Issue Links with AUI

Dominik October 17, 2016

Hello,

I try to create Links to other applications from JIRA Issues

With the ScriptRunner Plugin I've created a Custom web item ("Test") but I can't show a AUI.

image2016-10-17 15:39:25.png

I want to create an AUI for my "Test" where I can type in (Text Field) something and the link should then be created with a groovy script using the input

In the web item I can only select

image2016-10-17 15:42:53.png

Is there a other way for doing that - I can't upload files to the server

4 answers

0 votes
Dominik October 17, 2016

Sry, I have misunderstood you

I will try to explain exactly what I want to do.

In a JIRA Issue, I can add Links to other Issues or create  a Weblink (as in the first picture above)

I want to create in this Dialog a new panel like in the second picture.

There I want to have an input field

then when i press Link

image2016-10-18 9:57:36.png

I want to run a groovy script in the background, which creates an Link using the value of the input field and display it in the Issue Links panel in the issue view (as like when you create a link to another plugin)

My questions/ problems:

how to create the view of the input field when i click on my panel ("Test" in the picture)?

(Which files do I need)

How to run a Script when i press Link?

Where to store that script?

I think it is not possible to create all the files in the JIRA ScriptRunner Webview?

Maybe it's easier to create a plugin than to try that with the ScriptRunner Plugin?

Thanks for your help

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2016

I know what AUI stands for, but I don't know what you mean still. 

Let's forget about an AUI.

It sounds like what you want to do is add a javascript resource, and bind the click handler for that link to creating a dialog pane. Have a look at the js here: https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/latest/docs/dialog.html

0 votes
Dominik October 17, 2016

AUI = Atlassian User Interface (HTML and JavaScript)

For the Dialog I need a AUI

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2016

Sorry, what's an "AUI"? In this context.

Suggest an answer