JIRA: Scheduling a query and running historical reports

Allen Lai August 7, 2012

Wondering what the best way to report on tickets (bugs) that are unresolved for a given week. Right now, I run the following query every week:

status not in (Resolved) AND resolution in (Unresolved) AND issuetype in (Bug)

However, I have to run this query each week which I don't want to do. Also, I would like to get historical data (i.e. previous week), which I can't do unless I remove the Status and Resolution filter and then manually go through the list, which is too time-consuming.

Is there a way to A) schedule the query to run on a certain day and send it to me, and B) run a report so I can see historical "snapshots" using the same criteria as above?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2012

If you create and save a filter you can subscribe to it and it will email the results to you based on the schedule you set.

0 votes
Rp Subhub
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Receiving Search Results via Email

You can run historical reports on status like this:

status WAS NOT IN ("Resolved","In Progress") BEFORE "02/02/2011"

See Advanced Searching for more information.

Allen Lai August 7, 2012

This worked! But I had to use the "ON" predicate for it to work. Thanks!

Suggest an answer