JIRA Roadmaps info

Amedeo April 26, 2022

Good morning,

I would like to replicate the same hierarchical structure of a Structure I created in JIRA also in Roadmap, but I noticed that not all the links can be replicated in the same way.

I.e.: for internal objectives, we created the following levelling structure:

• Epic is parent of Story
  • Story is parent of Task
  • Task is parent of Sub-task

This hierarchy works with no problems in Structure view, but it doesn't in Roadmap. Is there the possibility to have the same hierarchy replicated in Roadmap, using properly the links among the issues?

Another question: in the Roadmap I decided to roll-up the dates from the lower level to the top. Graphically speaking everything works but the dates fields of the parent are not filled with the "sum" of the children. Is there the possibility to achieve also this request?

Thank you in advance.

Amedeo

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Hi, @Amedeo.  With Structure, you can create any hierarchy you like.  It extends Jira to enable this. 

Jira out-of-the-box and <Advanced> Roadmaps are more prescriptive. By default, they expect an Epic, Story, Sub-task hierarchy. With Advanced Roadmaps, you can add levels above the Epic.

Since you already have Structure, there's a good chance we can help you address your use case (with your preferred hierarchy).

Reach out to us via structure@almworks.com and ask for a brief use case meeting. :) 

-dave

Amedeo April 27, 2022

Hi @Dave Rosenlund ,

thank you for the reply. It could be very useful if we can arrange a meeting on this topic. I'll write a mail to the address you indicated.

Thank you in advance.

Amedeo

Suggest an answer