JIRA Rest API configure custom field for operation add

Erik Rodriguez June 10, 2014

I am using the Rest API to try and add new options to a customfield dropdown list. Currently my customfield operation is set to "set" only. Where can I change the settings in the admin tool to allow for add?

2 answers

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2015

Hi Erik,

The feature request below is tracking your use case:

It also contains a workaround which does not involve coding: using the third party plugin JIRA Customfield Editor - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jiracustomfieldeditorplugin

Cheers,

Danilo

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2014

REST does not currently expose the "add option to list" functions available to Jira admins.

A few people have workarounds using post-functions or plugins that expose the function, and I'm afraid you'll need to code to do the same - it's not in the core, needs to be added.

Erik Rodriguez June 10, 2014

So there isn't even a way to change this setting on the admin side to allow for the API to make these changes?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2014

There's nothing to change settings for. The code required to expose this to REST simply isn't there.

Эмиль Чапакчи August 26, 2020

Hello from 2020!😀 Could you please confirm if there is still no way to set list options for custom fields using REST API?

Suggest an answer