JIRA Resolutions permission config

Jiannan Tang January 16, 2013

Hi:

Can JIRA Resolutions support permisson manage.

eg: When resolve an issue, develop only see Fixed, Duplicate, Cannot Reproduce. And other resolutions like 'Won't Fix, Next Version Fix' Only project manage can see.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Use the workflow properties as described here to exclude some for developers.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+Properties

Define two workflows, one for developers and one for managers protected by a condition based on role/group so that the they see only one which is valid for them.

Thanks I will try it.

Sorry, I think Define two workflows can not solve my question.

Because, the resolve Resolutions(Fixed, Won't Fix, Duplicate, Incomplete ) are not permisson control, they define for global.

I want to control the Resolutions(Fixed, Won't Fix, Duplicate, Incomplete ) permisson.

Can JIRA support this?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

That is exactly what I said.

• Define two transitions in the workflow
  • Protect the transitions using conditions so that only developers see theirs and managers see theirs
  • Set the transition properties to include only the required resolutions by setting the field jira.field.resolution.exclude for the developer transition

That's it.

It's perfet for your answer!

Simon Ward January 20, 2013

Hi - just a quick question on this.

it looks like it will do what I want, however I can't see how to specify multiple excludes

I have 2 workflows, and a total of 6 valid resolutions across the 2. I want to exclude workflow 2 users from using (and seeing) resolutions 4,5 & 6. I can exclude one of the resolutions by the above method. what about the other 2?

thanks

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

Comma separated resolutions? Like 4,5,6

Simon Ward January 21, 2013

Aha! Thanks for that. works a treat!

Suggest an answer