JIRA Resolutions permission config

Hi:

Can JIRA Resolutions support permisson manage.

eg: When resolve an issue, develop only see Fixed, Duplicate, Cannot Reproduce. And other resolutions like 'Won't Fix, Next Version Fix' Only project manage can see.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Use the workflow properties as described here to exclude some for developers.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+Properties

Define two workflows, one for developers and one for managers protected by a condition based on role/group so that the they see only one which is valid for them.

Thanks I will try it.

Sorry, I think Define two workflows can not solve my question.

Because, the resolve Resolutions(Fixed, Won't Fix, Duplicate, Incomplete ) are not permisson control, they define for global.

I want to control the Resolutions(Fixed, Won't Fix, Duplicate, Incomplete ) permisson.

Can JIRA support this?

That is exactly what I said.

• Define two transitions in the workflow
  • Protect the transitions using conditions so that only developers see theirs and managers see theirs
  • Set the transition properties to include only the required resolutions by setting the field jira.field.resolution.exclude for the developer transition

That's it.

It's perfet for your answer!

Hi - just a quick question on this.

it looks like it will do what I want, however I can't see how to specify multiple excludes

I have 2 workflows, and a total of 6 valid resolutions across the 2. I want to exclude workflow 2 users from using (and seeing) resolutions 4,5 & 6. I can exclude one of the resolutions by the above method. what about the other 2?

thanks

Comma separated resolutions? Like 4,5,6

Aha! Thanks for that. works a treat!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

39 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you