JIRA Resolution

Andrew Rose June 23, 2014

Hello,

We are currently configuring resolutions and are falling at the first hurdle.

How do we turn resolution on within our hosted JIRA?

Many thanks,

Andy

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2014

You should not need to do anything to a clean Jira to get resolution to work - it comes with a pre-set list of resolutions.

Bear in mind it only gets used when you are resolving or closing an issue - have you tried that yet?

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

Just to expand a bit on what Nic mentioned, you would have to set the transition view for the transition that closes the issue (usually either 'Resolve Issue' or 'Close Issue'). I'd recommend that you take a look into these documentations for more information :

Thank you both for your help with this. All sorted now!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2014

Ah, right. Have a look at the workflow to start with. The "close" transition needs to have the resolution screen added to it, then it will pop-up as you try to close issues.

Note that "simplified workflows" sometimes seem to break this - they lose the screen and don't set the resolution properly when moving into "Done", but it is safe to add the screen back into them.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

Could you explain a bit further on where you are having difficulties? Also, what did you mean by 'turn resolution on'?

0 votes

Sorry, I didn't make myself totally clear.

Any issue we closed remains 'Unresolved'. It seems the resolved screen is turned off and we can't find how to turn it on.

Suggest an answer